May 23, 2013 – Conway, S.C. – Earlier this month the MBREDC Board of Directors and Executive Committee rounded out the annual board member additions at their monthly meeting. Since January of 2013 ten total members have been added for the year.
January Board Members: May Board Members:
- Julien Springs – BNC Bank Sam Frink – Local Business Owner
- Bryan Lenertz – Anderson Brothers Bank Jerry Rexroad – Crescom Bank
- Sean Flynn – Thomas & Hutton
- Harry Cushman – Dargan Construction
- G.E. Buck Waters – Myrtle Beach Travel Park
- Laurence Bolchoz – Coastal Carolina National Bank
- Mike Wooten – DDC Engineers
- Mike Mahaney – City of North Myrtle Beach
“In the last two years we have gone from 30 members to over 130 and have had more interest from companies in the community to help in the fight to create jobs here in Horry County. Having the ability to add ten new board members in a six-month span is a testament to how committed our community is to economic development. We are happy to have all these top notch business leaders on our board and welcome them,” said Brad Lofton, MBREDC President & CEO.
The MBREDC now has a total of 41 board members, 15 of which sit on the Executive Committee. The board meets quarterly, and each member is assigned to a working committee with the organization. All board members are dues paying private members of the MBREDC and have to be nominated by a seated board member. Candidates go through a three-step vote-in process. Board members serve a two-year term.
SOURCE: Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation